Gerry Metz was a public artist living and working in Arizona. His sculpture Charles Miller is 8 feet tall and made from bronze.
The plaque for Charles Miller reads: “Charles Miller 1862–1928. An early civic leader of Scottsdale, Charles Miller purchased this property and the 120 acres to the north and west from Scottsdale founder Winfield Scott. He with two other people founded the Scottsdale Light and Power Company, which brought electricity to Scottsdale in 1918. He served on the board of directors of the Salt River Valley Water Users’ Association (now known as Salt River Project) in 1921. In 1922, he donated 10 acres for the Scottsdale High School. Miller Road is named in his honor.”
LocationIndian School Rd & Miller Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA