Live the art. Love the place.
The mission of Scottsdale Public Art is to serve as a leader in defining art in the public realm through creative place-making, signature cultural events, exhibitions, and installations—contributing to the community’s creative, cultural, and economic vitality.
We Strive To:
- Promote a strong sense of place and a unique identity for Scottsdale.
- Be nationally and internationally recognized for our innovative approaches to public art.
- Promote quality urban planning and design, working with city staff and private developers.
- Contribute to tourism and the economic vitality of the city.
- Both preserve and create history.
- Support and encourage a strong, vital regional artist community.
- Develop innovative partnerships to maximize the program’s reach and budget.
- Continue leading the national field in the care and maintenance of the city’s public art collection.
Scottsdale Public Art is partially funded by the City of Scottsdale public art ordinances and managed by Scottsdale Arts, a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) management organization that administers the arts and cultural affairs of the city of Scottsdale and also manages Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA), and Scottsdale Arts Learning & Innovation.